Introduction to Global Citizen Media
Rising Voices proudly announces the first in a series of outreach guides meant to explain the fundamentals of citizen media to a non-technical readership. The first guide, An Introduction to Citizen Media, offers context and case studies which show how everyday citizens across the world are increasingly using blogs, podcasts, online video, and digital photography to engage in an unmediated conversation which transcends borders, cultures, and differing languages.
- Download “An Introduction to Citizen Media” in English
- Descarga Una Introducción a Medios Ciudadanos en Español (Spanish)
- সিটিজেন মিডিয়ার পরিচিতি’ ডাউনলোড করুন (Bangla)
- Téléchargez l'Introduction au Média Citoyen en Français (French)
- Иргэний сэтгүүлзүйн танилцуулга’-ыг татаж авна уу (Mongolian)
- Преземи го водичот „Вовед во граѓански медиуми“ (Macedonian)
- Shkarko “Njohje me mediat e qytetarëve” (Albanian)
“Blogging Positively” is a collection of case studies, interviews, and tips about citizen media related to HIV/AIDS. You will be introduced to some of the leaders and veterans of the HIV-positive blogging community, and also to projects which aim to spread more awareness about the pandemic. The guide contains tips for workshop facilitators and teachers, and points readers to helpful resources for new bloggers just getting started.