Karen Student Network Group (KSNG) Biography

The Karen Student Network Group was formed in July 6th, 1996, on the assumption that students and youths must play a key role in the struggle for a free and democratic Burma and must be prepared as the future leaders. The purpose of the KSNG is to provide activities for Karen youths that will unite and mobilize them to fight against the current regime in Burma,which ahs excluded true representation of the Karen people in political processes.

KSNG flag

KSNG is on of the first Karen student organizations in Karen history to organize youth into one large network group, instead of fragmented and isolated groups. Today, KSNG comprises ten student-working groups with a membership of over 3,000 students, and operates along the Thai-Burmese border. Most KSNG members live in the Karen refugee camps, while some live in Thailand and abroad.

KSNG General Elections are held every two years through a democratic process. In executive committee, there are five main people like Chairperson, Vice chairperson, Secretary and Joint secretary, and treasure.

Our Ideology – KSNG is an independent students group and will function as an independent organization according to the virtual of the Karen community as a whole.

Mission – To create better understanding among Karen student and youths for united political goals and objectives, so they will be prepared to lead the Karen people toward auntie, democratic, on-racist, non-sexist, and prosperous Burma. In keeping with this mission, the KSNG functions with a constitution written and approved by its members, and uses the democratic process in all aspect of its organization.

Policy – KSNG is an independent students group and will function as an independent organization according to the virtual of the Karen community as a whole.

Aims and Objective
1. To seek out local educational opportunities for Karen students.
2. To prepare Karen students for future leadership position.
3. To learn a bout and understand the social, economic and political events.
4. To take an active part in preserving and promoting Karen culture and literature.
5. To organize the youth to gain trust among each other and build self –sufficiency and self reliance.